Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fun at Homestead!


Today was wonderful! Thanks to all who came out! Please post a comment if you did attend so I can remember who you all are! I think we had around 30!!


Next week is the wooden playground at Olde Sawmill Elementary School (Olde Sawmill Park). Directions are here: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Olde+Sawmill+Park&address=2460+Sutter+Pky&city=Dublin&state=OH


We will plan on bringing tie-dye materials again so please bring anything else you would like dyed! I think the tie-dying was a success and a lot of the kids enjoyed it! My hands are still a little stained, but nothing that won't go away soon enough!


Some people asked, and this is the initial kit I bought at JoAnns. I did also bring some Rit Dye and mixed those in as we went along. The kit runs $29.99 but I used a 50% off coupon and this was cheaper then buying the bottles and tablecloth, etc separate. http://www.ilovetocreate.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=b4eb23ed-38de-409c-8907-30a096d3490f It's called SuperBig One-Step Tie-Dye Kit.


Follow-up instructions with the tie-dye:
*Let dry before you take off the rubber bands.
*Once it's fully dry, was in a mild detergent with cold water (Woolite, free and clear, etc) and dry (dryer or hang to dry) before you wear it.
I found this site to be a great resource: http://www.wildflowerdyes.com/howtotiedye.html
A lot of people I think enjoyed the activity. Any feedback would be appreciated! Also- I would entertain the idea of having an activity at each 'stop' of the tour if this is something you think the kids would enjoy. They would be small craft projects, etc for them to remember each park by. Thoughts?
Thanks again to everyone who came out! It was a lot of fun! Hope to see you all next week too!
~Jaylene

No comments:

Post a Comment